Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been published previously, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The submission has been presented as a paper at the annual Postgraduate Forum of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Amerikastudien (PGF of the DGfA). Please note: This is only required for PGF issues. If you are submitting your work for a thematic issue, please just check this box!
- The submission is in Microsoft Word document file format (.doc or .docx).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in these submission guidelines.
- The text has been formatted using the COPAS document template. All illustrations, figures, graphs, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Where available, URLs have been provided for references.
Authors who publish with COPAS agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) 4.0 License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository, publish it in a journal or a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories, disciplinary repositories, or on their website) prior to and during the submission process.
- Authors are responsible for, and required to ascertain that they are in possession of, image rights for any and all photographs, illustrations, and figures included in their work or to obtain publication or reproduction rights from the copyright holders.
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. A Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) 4.0 License applies to all content published in COPAS. Anyone may copy material published in COPAS for any purpose under the premise of proper attribution. All materials are published under an open-access license, with authors retaining full ownership of their work. Authors are responsible for, and required to ascertain that they are in possession of image rights for any and all photographs, illustrations, and figures included in their work or to obtain publication or reproduction rights from the copyright holders.
By submitting their work for publication in COPAS, authors agree to the terms written above. Authors are free and encouraged to store their work elsewhere, for instance in institutional repositories or websites to increase circulation. Authors are also able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal. COPAS does not charge any reprint fees, and authors are not required to contact COPAS for reprint permission, as authors retain their copyright.